Friday 28 May 2010

Revlon Nail Polish in Minted... My Thoughts

I'm relatively classic in my taste when it comes to nail colours, tending towards a French manicure, red or vampish shades. I like the current crop of greige shades but as a general rule, I'm not one for fashion colours.

However, I was sent a bottle of Revlon Minted (028) and decided to bite the bullet & paint my fingernails with it. I'm normally a big fan of Revlon polishes... they are very reasonably priced, offer smooth application and long-lasting intense colour, so figured this was as good as any to be brave with. I have to admit to being a tad disappointed with the formula, I found it quite thick and gloopy and I definately needed to paint on 2 coats in order to get a smooth, rather than streaky effect. Having said that, once topped with my beloved Seche Vite, the colour lasted well.

The colour is a creamy, pale green. It lent a fashion edge to my look and I was surprised at the amount of compliments, particularly from other girls, which the shade drew. There was just something about it which I didn't like. This is one which is definately down to my personal taste so please don't be put off if you're tempted to try a green shade. I think it could look fab and refreshing for summer but on me, I just kept looking at my nails feeling like I was trying to be a teenager again and simply couldn't get accustomed to seeing my nails this shade. Back to the trusty Rouge Noir for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment