Saturday 29 May 2010

Product Review: Lush Brimstone

I know I keep banging on about Lush- the press office are very generous to me, hence the high volume of products to review! Hopefully it'll prove helpful...
This week I was sent a sample of Brimstone, their new body exfoliator.
As with all Lush products, packaging is kept to a minimum so this arrived in one of their yellow compostable bags. It's a bar style product, resembling a soap which is quite different to the usual salt & oil or balm styles which I am accustomed to.
The bar needs to be applied to wet skin so I jumped in the shower and was surprized when the bar started fizzing away as soon as it came into contact with water. Prior to using this, I hadn't realised that it's intended for single use but I actually quite liked that about it. It fizzes away to nothing meaning that this is the mess-free route to exfoliation! I was impressed with how much it lathers up and enjoyed using this in my morning shower- I found it to have quite a strong, traditional soapy scent with hints of jasmine which was really uplifting. I had heard that it has quite an eggy, sulphuric smell but I didn't find this at all.
The major downside of this product is that although it works to exfoliate, it's TOO thorough. In fact, it's so abrasive that I was left with scratches on my skin. Admittedly, I had scrubbed away and didn't have any of these scratches in areas where I had applied less pressure but a quick glance at the reviews on their website prove that I'm not the only one to have had this problem. My skin did feel softened and quickly absorbed my moisturiser but I'm afraid this is simply too abrasive for me to give it the seal of approval. If you're desperate to try it, stick to using it as a foot scrub- red scratches are soooo not a good look!

www.lush.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment