Sunday 16 May 2010

Product Review: Lush Ocean Salt Facial Scrub


I'm normally one for chemical, as opposed to physical, exfoliants but in the name of research, I decided to give this pot, sent to me from Lush, a go.


It's recommended for daily use on oily skin or once weekly use on dry (my skin type). I had a look on their website, which is filled with glowing reviews for this product so I had high expectations.


It's presented in one of their signature black tubs- these do the job but I do feel that the packaging is in need of a revamp, it simply doesn't sell itself compared with the bright colours of the bath bombs & soaps in store.


There are definately pros & cons to this product. The citrus scent is mild & uplifting, making it ideal for morning use and I really liked the creamy formula which the granules are suspended in. However, the salt grains are very abrasive and I was worried for my sensitive skin- they seemed to be scratching the surface and I did have reddened areas, despite not having used much force. Seriously Lush, what's with the abrasiveness?! (see Brimstone review) Admittedly, my skin felt deeply cleaned following use with no visible dry patches and was perfectly prepped for me to apply a mask afterwards. It's also not as messy as I envisaged, however, due to the abrasiveness this is one which I won't be using again. Not for me I'm afraid.

£11.20 for 250g at http://www.lush.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment