Friday 28 May 2010

Product Review: Elizabeth's Daughter The Eye Make-up Remover

Elizabeth's Daughter is a relatively unknown skincare brand which was originally developed by Elizabeth, who had grown up suffering with skincare problems and wanted to put her knowledge into a range of products aimed at young girls like her daughter who might be faced with similar problems and be overwhelmed by the wide range of brands aimed at them. The brand is a simple line with clear, self-explanatory product names. I was sent The Eye Make-up Remover to try (£14 for 100ml) which, like the rest of the range, is presented in minimalist packaging.

My first thought was that £14 seems a little expensive considering the target market.. I know teens have high disposable income but I find it hard to believe that they would spend £14 on an eye make-up remover... good chance that I'm out of touch though! Although I don't have the young skin which this range is aimed at, I have to say that I really liked this product. As promised, it is gentle- essential for the delicate eye area- and yet effective (I tend to wear quite heavy, although not waterproof, eye make-up). It contains extracts of antioxidant pomegranate so it does give some sense that it will be of some benefit to older skins or those exposed to free radicals such as pollution. By far the best thing about this product, however, is the functional packaging, a push down pump (similar to those you see at the nail salon when dispensing polish remover)... I love it! Simple to use, even when in a hurry!

Alongside ranges such as Young & Pure and Amie, Elizabeth's Daughter has joined the growing number of skincare collections aimed at providing gentle yet effective products for young skin... a refreshingly far cry from the skin-stripping likes of Clearisil and Clean & Clear which I grew up with!

www.elizabethsdaughter.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment