Saturday 8 May 2010

Product Review: Eve Lom Rescue Mask


I was sent a tube of Eve Lom's Rescue Mask to trial. I've long been a fan of their cult cleanser but had never before tried the mask.
The mask is presented in Eve Lom's signature minimalist packaging. There is a larger size, in a tub, available but personally, I was pleased to be sent the tube to try. It means that the mask is easier to dispense with no mess and seems more hygenic also.
For a clay-based mask, it's actually quite a fluid formula- a pleasure to apply smoothly over the face, unlike very thick masks which I've had difficulty working with before. There is a strong medicinal scent of camphor and I found that it tingled slightly upon application- nothing uncomfortable, more of a reminder that it's working it's magic!
I found 20mins to be a long time to sit with a mask on, although it does start to set after a while so it's easy to move about & carry on with chores if you're a fidget, like me!
Be warned: Removal is messy- you need to rub off with upward movements (by this time the mask has set so it flakes off) and then remove any remainder with a muslin cloth (not provided but luckily I've bought the cleanser enough times to have a healthy stockpile of these).
£28 seems expensive for a clay-based mask when you can buy much cheaper versions but once trialled, I'd happily spend this as the mask delivers such impressive results. I occasionally suffer from sensitive skin, with red blotchiness as well as recently having had a hormonal breakout. The mask immediately balances, removing redness. I don't have oily skin, which clay-based masks tend to be targeted at but I didn't find that this had a drying effect as it also contains soothing honey and almond extract and what's more, after a week, I still hadn't suffered any breakouts as a result of the detox action of the product. My other products were absorbed better- not surprising as the mask boasts exfoliating actions. Apparently, it can also be used as an emergency morning-after treatment under the eyes although I haven't trialled this aspect as yet so can't comment.
All I can say is that this does what it is- great rescue product to have on standby...Recommended.
£28 for 50ml at http://www.evelom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment