Monday 31 May 2010

Product Review: Whish Shave Crave

It's that time of year again when the focus is upon hair removal, anti-cellulite and all the other "not-so indulgent & pampering yet essential beauty items".
As a general rule, I shave my legs- it's quick, cheap and easy to maintain a groomed appearance without the dreaded in-between weeks.
I was sent Whish Shave Crave to trial and have to say, I've been impressed with the results. The PR sent me both the Lemongrass and Pomegranate scents (there is also an Almond version) to try, although so far I've only trialled the exotic Lemongrass version.
Hailing from the US, Whish avoids chemical ingredients, opting instead for organic and natural alternatives which is great for me, always trying to choose natural where possible.
My first impression was how cute the packaging is, with black and contrasting bright colours setting it apart from the standard drugstore brands. I really liked that the pump bottle was transparent so that I could see how much was remaining. Cans of shaving foam always seem to be tweeked versions of the male targeted product but I really felt that the packaging of this had been carefully considered and created with women's beauty as well as functionality in mind.
It's as easy to use as any shaving foam product but has a rich, cream formula which aims to care for skin rather than having a drying effect, as with many foams. It sits on the skin so it's easy to see where has been shaved and I haven't (touch wood) experienced any nicks since incorporating this into my routine. You do need to wash the area thoroughly afterwards, using soap, to avoid a white build-up of product staying on the legs but otherwise, I found it mess-free and will give it a thumbs up.
The only downside? The initial outlay is pricey at £17.17 for 150ml. This is a big jump from the likes of Gilette, etc.. and a lot to spend on a beauty "essential". It does add a sense of indulgence to shaving but the act in itself is never going to be as pampering as say, a face mask or rich body cream. Having said that, if you're accustomed to waxing or salon treatments you'll be making a saving and I have been impressed with how long the bottle has lasted.

www.touchmyface.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment